Friday, 15 January 2010

In Brussels

After New Year, Alex too me to Brussels. One of the most sleek and cool places I've been. Its important to new places and if your looking for inspiration, then go.

HIGHLIGHTS:
MUHKA gallery,COLLECTIE XXIV (Antwerp) - Gallery converted from a grain Silo, where I saw the closest to objective photography. Hans Eijkelboom took hundreds of dead-pan shots of people in streets, then arranged them into categories like, double denim and Che Guevara T-shirts. Absorbing, funny, and conceptually sound. All I need form an exhibition. FotoMuseum (Antwerp)- Michiel Hendryckx 'Rambling across Europe'... I have never really been interested in portrait type photography, and black and white images remind me of GSCE attempts at being 'moody', but this exhibition was OK by me. I think it was looking at the vast amounts of different cultures that made it interesting. I'm not saying it was the best thing ever, but it was a well spent afternoon. BOZAR gallery - Lots of stuff going on here. To much to talk about. Go and see it for yourself. Mussels at Chez Léon, Sandwich at 'Berlin' cafe - It was good food. Why can't I eat like this at home? A documentary about the ancestral relationship between man an dog. - Alex won't like that I mentioned this, but after a long day we watched this in the hotel. It was interesting and good to spend some quality time with my girlfriend.


MUHKA Gallery, Brussels

No comments:

Post a Comment

1.Write your comment below
2.Choose your profile (if you do not have one click Name/Url or Anonymous in the drop-down box)
3.Click Post Comment.